Saturday, May 11, 2013

In The Shipyard

We had Barefoot Babe hauled out at Clear Lake Marine to have Jose at Simpson Yacht Service do a bottom job on her. We had found a few blisters and decided to have all of them repaired. They were ground out, dried and then re-glassed. Jose's team did a great job on the repairs. I recommend their service. The job was done in a timely manner, repair and painting of the bottom was very good.
     






While Jose and his team was working on the bottom of the boat I was busy on the inside. I replaced some ball valves and exercised and lubed all the rest. Re-piped the A/C intake and the refrigerator cooling intake. I then checked every hose clamp on the boat and replaced any that had rust or corrosion on them. I then manufactured and installed stainless steel safety rails along the outside of the Bimini on each side of the boat. Just a few more things on the list left.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment